Friday, October 3, 2008

more about denver

last night we performed at the "up with people" warehouse. it was amazing. we had a great sound system, a great stage, and most importantly a great audience. they were so good to us. they hooked us up with all the wine we could drink, all the food we could eat, and a lot of kindness. i got to meet some of the old school "up with people" people (hehe people people). we also ended up staying at the vice president's house (of "up with people")
i did a magic/juggling/comedy show for them and we performed a few songs and i had a blast. we played "tonight you belong to me" for them..me on the casio and mh and jeb singing. i thought it was beautiful although mh will tell you it wasn't good. i also got to drop a new beat i made in the car that will be on myspace soon.
there were all kinds of costumes everywhere so i had fun changing my shirt every time i came on stage.
my back is killing me this morning..i think it might be from sitting in a car and also juggling cantaloupes constantly. i'm excited to put up our newest video..in my opinion it has some of the funniest/coolest clips so far. im only a few days away from my new home in california and the end of this adventure, which i will remember forever. the next couple of days we are going to concentrate on busking to pay for our gas rather then accepting donations at gigs that we have planned. we've been able to pay for a lot of our gas with the generous donations from our audiences in each city. now for me it's all about public spectacles and passing the hat..
colorado is by far my favorite stop so far...it's fucking beautiful. new video coming soon!

much <3 to all my peoples in the 413

-johnny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my xBians friends. I had a great time at the show last night in Denver. I hope the video footage looks good. Sorry we were up against the debate so it was a slim crowd. All in attendance had a blast. Next time you come through town try to give me more than a weeks notice and I will get you hooked up. Bring Hector on Stilts along for the ride. Safe Travels. Lorie Brey

Andrew said...

Hollerado sounds awesome. I hear people in Utah go batshit CRAYZEE for cantaloupe juggling. When you get to Cali, eat a dank burrito for me.